Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Damn Well Will

I have not written in a week; I could not produce an honest word.

I have spent most of my life devouring wisdom from others. Only now I am at loss because I know no wisdom. I cannot honestly differentiate what is true anymore, what is important.

I am not saying this out of self-pity and I don't expect validation of a passing thought that may or may not be true in a minute, in an hour, tomorrow, the near future.

But I find that the more I live, the more people's opinions or ideas of structure do not equal the truth.

The beauty about wisdom is that what is wise should remain true. And yet, I do not know what is true anymore. I only know that even if I have to fake it to make it, I damn well will.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh woman... you have no idea how much wisdom you've just shown right there in this simple post. You will make it, and It will be beautiful!

Anonymous said...

None of us believe we have wisdom. But we all have one thing in common, and that is what makes us wise. Tell the truth. Write it from your gut. It will never fail you. Honest.

Ed Pilolla said...

this is really interesting. you really dropped some science here. the faking of it being something of authenticity and value. i need to read this again and allow it to metabolize.
thanks, darling.